IMPACT-SE is currently working on an extensive study of 117 Palestinian textbooks. The full report will be released within two months and will be accessible on this site.
Following the October 31, 2011 vote of 193 UNESCO member countries to accept Palestinine as a full member of its organization, IMPACT-SE published an interim report containing a preliminary summary of its findings leading to many media reactions.
Below is a small selection of the press coverage mentioning IMPACT-SE’s research on Palestinian textbooks.
- “NGO: PA Doesn’t Meet UNESCO Statehood Guidelines”
By Khaled Abu Toameh – Jerusalem Post – November 1, 2011 (PDF version, 704 kb)
“IMPACT-SE report uncovers continued demonization of Israel and Jews in Palestinian textbooks. […]”
- “Report: P.A. Does Not Meet UNESCO Standards”
CBN News – November 2, 2011 (PDF version, 368 kb)
“Referring to Israel as ‘the other,’ the children are taught that the Galilee, the Negev and Nazareth belong to them. […]”
- “As He Pursues His U.N. Agenda, Has Abbas Stopped Caring About Anyone But Himself?”
Fox News – November 2, 2011 (PDF version, 676 kb)
“Reporting from Jerusalem— When East Jerusalem teachers ask students to open their history books these days, pupils are wondering: Which one? […]”
- “Report: PA Fails to Meet UNESCO’s Education Standards”
Ynetnews – November 2, 2011 (PDF version, 332 kb)
“UN’s cultural agency grants Palestinian membership bid despite Ramallah’s failure to meet minimum educational requirement. […]”
- “Чему учат палестинских детей”
MIGnews – November 1, 2011 (Version PDF, 624 kb)
- “США запугивают Россию и Китай войной против Ирана: Израиль сегодня”
Regnum – November 5, 2011 (Version PDF, 10.1 mb)
- “A pesar de aceptación a Palestina como miembro de la UNESCO la Autoridad Palestina no cumple con sus normas”
InfoPublico – November 5, 2011 (Version PDF, 748 kb)